Hello, ready for some yummy and easy cookies? Today I wanted to share one of the desserts I had baked for my daughter’s birthday Dol (a Korean 1st birthday party) called Strawberry Crinkle Cookies.
These are by far one of my favorite and easiest cookie recipes! Only 4 ingredients needed, super easy and quick to put together, and the kids love helping with this sweet treat.
One reason I love these cookies is it is easy to change up the flavor and color of the cookies based on what flavor of cake mix you use. Yes, I said cake mix! The only ingredients for this cookie recipe are cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of oil, and powdered sugar. That’s it!
Here they are straight out of the oven.
I love how pretty they turn out, and this is also a fun and easy recipe to make with the kids.
Would be great for Valentine’s Day, birthday parties, and any weekend!
They were a huge hit at the party, kids and adults alike. Don’t like strawberry? How about lemon crinkle cookies using lemon cake mix instead! Or chocolate? What about red velvet? The choices are endless.
Ready to bake some Strawberry Crinkle cookies for the family? Here’s the recipe and don’t be shocked at the simplicity of it.
Strawberry Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box strawberry cake mix can substitute any flavor of cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Pour powdered sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, and oil. Stir until well combined and dough forms.
- Using a small scoop, spoon out small portions of the mixture and roll between palms to create a round ball. Roll balls in powdered sugar until completely covered, then place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes, or until edges are firm. Cookies will begin to crack on surface.
- After a few minutes transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool, then serve and enjoy!
What flavor will you try for your batch of Crinkle Cookies? What other baking recipes do you have that uses cake mix for something other than cakes?
Here are some other great cookie recipes to try: